domingo, 27 de outubro de 2013

"Have you read this series?" No, not yet...

So I have seen everyone talking about Allegiant lately and oh, how I wish I had read the series and that I was on on the hype...but I haven't. And it's not that I refuse to read series that everyone has read, I want to read them but I just don't (I have no idea why I do this...).

The only two series where I was reading at the same time as everyone and had to suffer through the wait for the next book were Hary Potter and Twilight...and that was quite a few years ago! So here is a list of series which I wish I had followed from the beginning and which I am dying to start:

     Divergent     The Infernal Devices     Uglies 

The Mortal Instruments     The Maze Runner  

        Mara Dyer     Pretty Little Liars   Newsoul

  Delirium    Daughter of Smoke and Bone  

Hourglass   The Chemical Garden    Feed 

             Shatter Me   The Lunar Chronicles 


I guess that I am not completely late for some of them, if I started reading them now I could still desperately wait for the last book...but I still have about 20 books waiting to be read! Oh well, let's just hope some new really hyped up series comes along so I can suffer like the rest of the world!


Well, I am desperately wainting for Stuck, book #3 on the Stitch triology by Samantha Durante...at least it is something! :)

Do you like to go with everyone else or do you usually wait until a certain point to start a series (for example, waiting for all the books to be out)?
Is there any series you have been wanting to start?
So, have you read any of these series? 
What did you think of them?
Which one should I read first? (I know, a lot of questions...but I want to know what you think! :D)

4 comentários:

  1. Like you, I don't tend to read book series "in time". There are a couple of reasons for that. First, I'm very afraid to read a series everyone loves, because I can never be sure it will live up to the hype. Truthfully, because I grow to expect so much, most of them disappoint me. They're not usually bad, but they're usually just okay for me.
    Then, I also hate waiting for next-books-in-series, so I usually either wait for all the books to be out, or most of them, and if the latter, than I will read them slowly so that by the time I finish, there won't be more than a couple of months till the last.
    As for Divergent, though, I am now not sure at all if I'll start that series. I have the first book, but as I've read spoilers of the end, I am mighty afraid to invest in it at all....
    As for which one you should read next... The Lunar Chronicles is my suggestion; I LOVE that series. It's one of the few on your list I've read :)

    Nitzan @ Drugs Called Books

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I am a bit afraid of not liking them as much as everyone else but I usually don't mind it much.
      That's a good idea! I guess that if it is a book with a big fanbase then the waiting isn't so bad and you have people with whom you can freak out! Haha :)
      Yeah, spoilers aren't good, but maybe you should give it a try? Perhaps you'll like it!
      I've been quite curious about The Lunar Chronicles...and I hear so many good things about it. I think I'll start it once I finish all the books I got for review (a little bit over 20...what did I get myself into??? Hahaha)

      Eliminar
  2. Oh, there's a lot of these I want to read as well. Divergent, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Uglies, etc. I can't wait to get started on the Uglies. I just read a review on it and think the premise is really interesting.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. So many books, so little time! Since you're probably going to read Uglies way before I do (with the whole book ban thing going on...) tell me what you thought of it!! :)

      Eliminar

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please, feel free to leave a comment! I try to answer everytime! :)